|Job titel||master thesis|
|Theme||Automated guided vehicles, Production planning|
|Project||Development of a heuristic modeling approach to study the efficiency of cellular AGVs in intralogistics (ZellFTF)|
|Download||Download job offer as PDF|
In the research project ZellFTF, the economic and logistical efficiency of the use of cellular transport units, which are formed by automated guided vehicles, is investigated in comparison to conventional approaches (e.g. transport with forklifts).
Aim of the master thesis is the development of a mathematical optimization model for the vehicle routing problem (VRP) of cellular FTF. For this purpose an objective function with necessary restrictions has to be worked out. The focus is on the reduction of the total costs for the material transport. Furthermore, a solution approach is to be worked out/used for the model, with the help of which an optimal and approximate optimal solution can be determined for the model.
- Literature research on existing mathematical approaches for intralogistic transport processes
- Determination of an evaluation measure for the monetary evaluation of the influencing and target variables
- Development of a VRP consisting of an objective function and restrictions for the evaluation of transport processes using cellular FTFs
- Implementation of the model e.g. with MATLAB or Python (preferably Python)
- Solving the established optimization model on an exemplary transport process
You are studying one of the following subjects:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Production and Logistics
- or similar
You are interested in logistic models, mathematical modeling, operations research and intralogistics? And do you enjoy working independently on new topics? Then you are welcome to apply!
You should already have basic knowledge of logistic models and OR and have some programming experience.
Good written and spoken German and English skills are required!
- independent work
- flexible working hours
- well-equipped workplaces
- home office by arrangement
- test execution
- long-term cooperation if necessary
- Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org