|Categories||Master thesis, Bachelor thesis, Project thesis|
|Start||Immediatly / By arrangement|
|Theme||Tool- and Mold-Making|
|Project||Optimization of the service life of slide tools in forging presses with the variation of the closing mechanism and the forming speed (Standzeit Schieberwerkzeuge)|
Material efficiency is a decisive factor for increasing the economic efficiency in the production of geometrically complicated forged parts. The preforms are decisive for efficient material utilization. These preforms can be optimized by multidirectional forming using slide tools.
In the research project, the influence of different process parameters on the resulting wear of slide gate tools in solid forming is investigated by simulative preliminary investigations. The aim is to create basic knowledge about the wear behaviour of slide gate tools in innovative multidirectional forging processes and to increase the resulting service life by reducing wear.
Within the project, your tasks include the independent work on the following topics:
- Development of a method for the analytical determination of the wear on slide tools under consideration of loads, sliding pairings and system temperatures
- Creation of a software demonstrator for the low-effort determination of process-specific stand quantities with Excel VBA
- Implementation of an economic evaluation of innovative multidirectional forging processes based on imported component geometries
Within the work the deepening of competences in maintenance planning and stand quantity calculation as well as the deepening handling of Excel (VBA) is possible.
You are studying one of the following subjects:
- mechanical engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Production and logistics
- Production Engineering
- or as the case may be
You are interested in method development / economic evaluation / analytical calculations.
In addition, you have in-depth knowledge of programming with VBA, basic knowledge of technical mechanics and good written and spoken German or English skills.
- autonomous work
- flexible work schedules
- well-equipped workplaces
- Home Office by arrangement
- long-term cooperation